Claims Process

The Injury Compensation Program Administrator (ICPA) helps you as a DOD Federal deployed or overseas civilian employee file claims under the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA).


If you are injured, seek medical attention immediately and notify your supervisor as soon as possible that you wish to file a claim.

Complete Federal Notice of Traumatic Injury and Claim for Continuation of Pay/Compensation (CA-1) or Notice of Occupational Disease and Claim for Compensation (CA-2) form, with your supervisor online at the ICUC website Filing Claims Electronically using a computer in the military domain.

Form CA-1 is for an accident or incident that occurred in the course of one day. Form CA-2 is for an illness or a condition that took more than one day to develop.

If you are unable to file an electronic claim you may download forms from the following website . Send hardcopy claims to your ICPA and contact them for assistance.

If you file electronically, your ICPA will usually have your claim number in 2 business days. This claim number should be annotated at the top of any document you submit.

If you do not know who your ICPA is, call 571-372-1663 for assistance.

Keep a copy of each document for your records if at all possible.

Department of Defense
Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service
HR Operational Programs & Advisory Services
Benefits and Worklife Division
Injury Compensation & Unemployment Compensation Branch
4800 Mark Center Drive, Suite 05G21
Alexandria, VA 22350-1100

Commercial Phone: (571) 372-1663
FAX: (571) 372-1662
DSN Phone: 372-1663
DSN FAX: 372-1662

E-mail: ICUC Questions

E-mail: Pipeline Coordinator

You are now leaving DCPAS.OSD.MIL