The 2020 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey (FEVS) launch begins Monday, 9/14. OPM FEVS continues to be one of the most powerful platforms for employees to share their opinions and perceptions regarding their work experiences. The more of our workforce that participates, the higher the fidelity of the collective information. This survey provides a key input into for advancing Government wide human capital management.
The survey will be emailed to every eligible Federal employee in DoD. Survey dates are:
- Navy and Marine Corps on September 14th and will close on 10/26,
- Army and Army Corps of Engineers on September 15th and will close on 10/27,
- Air Force on September 16th and will close on 10/28, and
- 4th Estate on September 23rd and will close on 11/4.
Changes this year
New this year, when you respond to the FEVS, you also will have the opportunity to provide feedback about the COVID-19 pandemic. These questions will provide information on what worked well, what additional help is needed, and how we should consider moving forward should another situation like this come our way.
This is an important step in our efforts to provide a survey responsive to contemporary events and needs and scoped to inform policy and programs across the Federal government, now and for the future.
Because the COVID-19 pandemic items were quite extensive, a decision was made to limit the standard OPM FEVS to 38 items. While this shortens the traditional FEVS quite a bit, items and indices of wide interest have been retained, while allowing for a comprehensive suite of COVID-19 items to be included.
FEVS20 will contain standard Core content including:
- Annual Employee Survey Items (following the Annual Employee Survey Regulation, 5 CFR Part 250, subpart C)
- Key Indices: Employee Engagement (including sub-indices) and Global Satisfaction
- Both forms of poor performer items
- Additional priority items
- New Demographic Content: Military spouse demographic item developed to reflect government policy and priorities.
- Eight Agency Specific Questions (ASI)
Who Participates in the FEVS Survey?
The OPM FEVS is administered to full-time and part-time, permanent, non-seasonal employees on board on October, 2019.
A weekly reminder will be sent until you complete the survey which ends November 4th, 2020.
Responses are anonymous, strictly confidential, and reported only at an aggregate level – no individual can be identified.
For additional information, please contact Berenice Eberhart FEVS DoD/DCPAS Program Manager, Berenice.email@example.com
Let your voice be heard by participating in the FEVS.