Planning and Accountability - Operations
The Planning & Accountability evaluation team assesses compliance with Merit System Principles, Veteran’s Preference, and other laws and regulations. Additionally, we assist in annual Component-led self-assessments, virtual DoD evaluations and on site Staff Assistance Visits.
Delegated Examining (DE) Oversight Responsibilities
Link to Merit Principles
Merit System Principles
- Ensure examining activities are conducted IAW merit system principles and standards established under DoD authority
- Measure hiring process, initiatives, outcomes, and improvements
- Conduct DE assessments through virtual evaluations utilizing USA Staffing, eOPFs, DEU/selecting official interviews, and data-evidence (including recruitment/outreach strategies)
- Prepare formalized written reports
- Review DEU responses to required actions
- Revoke, suspend or extend DE authorities
Delegated Examining Oversight Focus
- Assessing DoD systemic issues, trends, deficiencies to predict future needs.
- Identify or share Best Practices support of mission accomplishment.
- Evaluate actions for regulatory compliance (Public Notice, Job Analysis, Veterans Preference or Agencies Policies).
- Reviews self-assessments, qualitative or quantitative data-evidence.