The Department of Defense (DOD) systematically identifies and analyzes requirements, particularly in mission-critical positions and occupations, to determine the correct size, skillsets, and alignment of the DOD workforce. DCPAS is responsible for providing policy guidance and tools for the identification, recruitment, and hiring of an exceptional civilian workforce to meet DOD’s mission-critical needs.
- DOD Civilian Human Capital Operating Plan
- DCPAS Guide to Workforce Planning
- Executive Resources Boards - 5 U.S.C. 3393(b)
- Biennial Allocation - 5 U.S.C. 3133
- DOD Directive, 1403.1
- Senior Executive Service Executive Core Qualifications
- Office of Personnel Management’s Guide to the Senior Executive Qualifications