Each DOD Component is responsible for managing their unemployment compensation operations. DCPAS is responsible for administering the Unemployment Insurance Program. These operations include the following:
- Providing an SF-8 to all separating employees, including those placed in a non-pay status for seven or more consecutive days;
- Giving a timely response to the State Workforce Agency’s request for wage and separation information;
- Furnishing corrected or additional information requested by the State Workforce Agency;
- Appealing adverse determinations when applicable;
- Maintaining unemployment compensation claim information; and
- Providing DCPAS with updates to unemployment compensation specialists’ contact information.
The Components should regularly review its unemployment compensation operations to ensure effective administration of the program.