DCPAS is responsible for implementing, maintaining, and ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the DOD Priority Placement Program (PPP), workforce shaping and restructuring, and other DOD downsizing and transition assistance programs for civilian employees. The PPP is designed to deliver effective career transition assistance to the DOD civilian workforce. The purpose of the PPP is to minimize the adverse effects of restructuring on civilian employees. Workforce shaping results from actions such as, but not limited to, reductions-in-force (RIF), base closures, realignments, consolidations, contracting out, position classification decisions, rotation from overseas, and transfers of function (TOF) that arise as the DOD mission evolves.
The Interagency Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) is also managed by DCPAS. ICTAP is a workforce shaping initiative which provides eligible displaced Federal employees with interagency selection priority for vacancies in agencies that are filling positions from outside their respective permanent competitive service workforces. The ICTAP selection priority does not apply in the ICTAP eligible current or former agency nor does it prohibit movement of permanent competitive service employees within an agency.
Through ICTAP, qualified DOD employees may receive employment preference for jobs in other Federal agencies within the same commuting area if they are hiring outside their current workforce. If one or more ICTAP applicants are rated well qualified by the recruiting agency, the agency cannot select any other external applicant. To be eligible for the ICTAP, you must be a “displaced” employee as defined in 5 CFR 330.702. Although there are several categories of displaced employees, eligibility is usually based on involuntary separation from a career or career-conditional competitive service appointment.
- DOD Military Spouse Priority Placement Program Self-Certification Checklist
- DCPAS Message 2019008 – Priority Placement Program Exemption for Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project Intern Positions
- Priority Placement Program Delegation of Authority – Assistant Secretary of Defense to Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense-Civilian Personnel Policy, April 11, 2019
- Deputy Secretary of Defense Memo - Streamlining the DOD Priority Placement Program, February 25, 2019
- 5 CFR 330.702
- Displaced Employee Guide
- Priority Placement Program (PPP) Handbook